We specialise in collecting, restoring and running buses and coaches that spent most of their working lives in Oxford city or serving the public of Oxfordshire.

Our collection currently includes 40 buses and coaches, the oldest on show was built in 1913. We have a number of unique vehicles, including a recently acquired electric 'Metrorider' minibus, which ran a city centre shuttle service during the 1990's.

This 1957 AEC Regent V,
with Park Royal bodywork, (registration 956 AJO) is typical of the sort of open platform double-deck, front engined bus that operated around Oxford city in the 1950's and 1960's.

Conductors were essential on these buses, as the driver sat separate from passengers.
"All aboard -
fares please!"

Fleet List

Click here to view and download a PDF which contains a double-sided A4 sheet of our current fleet list of buses, coaches , cars and trams (updated November 2016).

Scroll down the page to view some pictures of a few buses in our extensive collection.

NJO 793 comp

The first vehicle in the Oxford Bus Museum collection was this
1949 AEC Regall III, with Willowbrook bodywork (registration NJO 703).

Tram 6

1881 Oxford Horse Tram Launched

It's taken five years of painstaking restoration to bring this magnificent 1881 Horse Tram back to its original glory - and here it is, complete with 'Oberon' the horse.

From 1880 through to 1914 these horse trams provided Oxford city with its first regular public transport network. Then in 1914 all the horse trams were withdrawn to be replaced by "modern" petrol engined motorbuses.

Now you can see what the cities first public transport vehicles looked like and appreciate what tram travel was like - in an age before the petrol and diesel engine existed.

1995 Volvo B10b / Plaxton 'Verde'

In August 2016 we bought 'Flo' (N605 FJO) - pictured right on arrival at our Museum site. She is a 1995 VOLVO B10B with Plaxton 'Verde' bus body. One of 28 delivered new to the Oxford Bus Company in November 1995. She worked mainly on the route 2 group of routes between Barton the city centre and Kidlington.

Withdrawn by the Oxford Bus Company in 2004, she has spent the last 12 years working for two independent bus companies, most recently in Cambridgeshire.

Our plan is to restore her to the original red, white and blue Oxford Bus Company 'Cityline' livery that she carried when new - as shown below.

605 on 4 Aug 2016

Cityline

N605 FJO new

Our Newest Arrival

T113DBW 23 Dec 2016

Pictured opposite is our newest arrival - which arrived just two days before Christmas 2016!

It is a Dennis Trident with Alexander ALX bodywork.
Registration T113 DBW, this was one of twenty that the Oxford Bus Company took delivery in 1999 to upgrade the cities 'Park&Ride' network. They were the cities first low-floor double deck buses.

In time, we plan to restore it to its original saphire blue, lime green and white 'Park&Ride' livery worn when new.

Park&Ride

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.


Get Flash Player